Friday, June 1, 2012

Yesterday You Said Tomorrow..(Yup, Still Fat)

I've had enough of my inner thighs touching, my arms jiggling, and my lower belly pooch! Yuck!  I don't think what I have can be considered post-partum baby fat, as now said baby is 18 months old!  My schedule is kind of crazy: during the week day, I wake up at 4:20 am and between work, taking care of my kids, making dinner, cleaning up, and bed time routines, I usually am not done with things (as if things are ever really done, but you get the point) until around 8:30 pm.  Well, at that point I'm certainly not in any mood to start working out! So making that time for myself is difficult. After baby # 1, I lost all baby weight plus some, but baby # 2 has been slightly different and I've had this extra 10 lbs of jiggle that has been lingering on. Now, 10 lbs may not seem like a lot to many people, but I'm only 5'3" and that extra is very apparent to me.  I consider myself to be skinny-fat.  So yes, I may be in my targeted healthy weight range but I have zero muscle tone!  Plus through the past few months my thighs (problem area) seem to be growing larger and larger which I attribute to my new found love of Smirnoff Ice at night.
All winter I said I was going to start working out. I don't have time to go to a gym and finding the motivation at home just wasn't happening.  I kept putting it off and putting it off.  Well, now summer is here and I'm fed up. I'm finally ready to get it started.  I have even managed to get Josh to help me with the boys so I have time to escape and go for a run; running has always been the easiest way for me to lose some fat and tone up a little. So tonight, I went out and ran a decent mile and a half. It felt great being out on a warm evening, running to Eminem in my iPod (plus I was able to run without peeing my pants and that was an added bonus..lol). I felt so great when I was done and am looking forward to making a better me and gaining my confidence back.  So there is no more saying I will start tomorrow.  Tomorrow has arrived and I'm ready.

7 comments:

  1. The last baby I gave birth to is almost 10 and I've still got baby fat... Having 2 bios of my own, one out of the next a 9, almost 10 year old and 5 year old foster child.. the will to exercise and be fit does not overcome the exhaustion I have of being a working mommy and dealing with my house and the kids... Good Luck to you :) Fat & Happy signing out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exhaustion is a word I 100% understand! When the heck does that end? Thank god for coffee and these little energy candies I found at the check out of the Rite Aid. I'm sick of having a closet full of clothes that just are a little too tight and am sick of fearing that my husband will put an article of clothing in the dryer and I will have to do the squat and bend to re-stretch my all ready too tight clothes! I hope my motivation sticks...we shall see and I will keep you posted :) Fat & Slightly Uncomfortable signing out :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats to you on getting motivated. It can be so hard sometimes. I totally know what you mean about skinny-fat. That's totally me....I always accuse the washer/dryer of shrinking my clothes, even when it's totally my fat that shrank them. Even, when I lost weight, I somehow didn't believe it and was convinced that my clothes stretched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I refuse to buy bigger clothes when my closet is filled with perfectly fine ones...they are just a little snug..so for now I run and leave my clothes to dry on the rack instead of going in the dryer...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally know how you feel! I lost so much weight both times postpartum but 8 lbs have creeped back on and I hate it! I'm only 5 ft 1 so I know what you mean by it making a difference! Getting motivated seems to be the hardest :) way to go! Now I need to do the same...looking forward to reading more from your blog :)

    Whitney
    www.oandcmylittleloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My little man is 16 months old now, and I am still 20 lbs heavier than my pre-pregnancy weight. And 40 lbs heavier than my lowest weight! I am a full time stay at home mom, so you'd think I'd have no excuse to get out and about in the evenings or whatnot, but there's always something getting in the way. Plus, we've just moved from England to Florida (a rather big change!!) and are in a holiday home in a dodgy area, and I'm terrified to even leave the house! I am really looking forward to finding a house in a safe area and being able to get out and about. I have never run in my life, but I have been wanting to try it for so long. I have a feeling I'll be reading your blog a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katie! I totally understand how finding time is difficult to work out and to find the motivation! How come you moved to Florida (pardon me if I'm being too nosy!) When I was in college, I gained a ton of weight, I drank like I thought I was a rock star and packed on the pounds. I had never been a runner in my life, but I started to run after I realized what a beast I was turning into. I lost weight really fast...went from around 170 pounds to 106 pounds quickly (of course I stopped drinking alcohol as well). I was also in my 20's then and now after having 2 kids, my body and lifestyle is different again. It feels good to start running again. I'm not very fast and probably don't look very graceful, but I enjoy it. Since your new neighborhood is shady I would highly recommend Beach Body Power 90 workout videos if you ever find the time to squeeze something in. I promise you, you will see results :)
    So good to be chatting with you!

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read all of your comments and I appreciate everyone of you for taking your time to read my blog and respond to me :) Thanks!!