Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fantasy Beach Day


I love going to the beach but now having 2 kids it's a whole different type of fun. It takes about 2 hours to prepare everything. Need to pack a cooler, snacks, extra clothes, diapers, beach toys, towels, sunscreen, beach chairs, stroller, etc.  Then I need to change the boys into their bathing suits, lather them in their sun tan lotion, get their sandals on, make sure they have gone to the bathroom, swim diaper is on, hats are located, etc.
 I have to then get myself ready which is usually a rush (at this time boys and husband are anxiously waiting to get to beach). I have tossed up my hair up in a very unsexy/unbeacy pony tail, I have some lame bathing suit on that I found tucked way in the back of my bureau and throw on anything decent I can find to wear over it, and some flip flops and sunglasses and that will have to do.  If I'm lucky my nails/toes will be painted. My cuteness factor is definitely lacking. 
Then coming home it's the unpacking of all the above items, cleaning up 10 pounds of sand and then preparing for dinner and bath/bed time. Despite all this work it is well worth  seeing the boys play in the sand and in the water and to see them so happy. Family beach day is super fun, but it is not exactly relaxing for my husband and I. So here is my beach day for just me!

victorias secret
Super cute bathing suit!  I can have the body along with it right??

polka dot nail polish
Love polka dots for summer!  




perfect beach coverup
Perfect pants cover up.  So cozy!
Perfect beach hair
Perfect beach hair.  



I love my Ipod and I'm always listening to it.
Beach music is a must!



OK! Magazine HOT DEAL!!!!
Very important reading material







Summer Cocktail !
Delicious Summer cocktail!






david beckham
Beach Partner?? 




Relaxing!!

Would you care to join me??










25 comments:

  1. I'm in with you, where do I sign? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...seriously!! Cell phones need to be ditched so we can't be found!

      Delete
  2. Love the polka dot polish!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will try to do it myself this week...it could turn out to be a disaster though :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  3. Yes, the lathering up of the sun lotion is the funnest part:) My husband helps with that but it's a total of 5 of us with sun lotion, makes it a bit hard to just lay down and relax. Cute blog. New follower. www.heartbeatcompanies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog following back.Wow love the polka dot nails and the lace pants are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! The pants are totally amazing. I've come across them a few times on Pinterest and every time I think, I must have those :)

      Delete
  5. I love everything about your fantasy beach getaway! If you ever figure out how to look great at the beach with kids in tow, please share the secret :)

    Thanks for stopping by Theresa’s Mixed Nuts

    New gfc and twitter follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I come up with a plan I will definitely let you know! Thanks for following me! :)

      Delete
  6. I love it! I actually laughed out loud! It is so true:) I totally love the beach cover up pants, super cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) My husband recently read the blog and was upset he got replaced by David Beckham...lol I just want to live in those pants!

      Delete
  7. Our boys are around the same ages---and we just got back from a week vacation at the beach! Oh, remember those good old days when all you do is sleep and read---not anymore:) But one can dream, right? And I still think we need those cocktails after attempting to take wild toddlers to the beach!
    -Julie
    http://www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you have a "Stay"cation or did you go away? I have a weeks vacation in August. I figure by the end of summer, I will have our beach routine down and will hopefully get prep-time cut down in half and maybe even have had a day or two at the beach by myself (naahhh..who am I kidding, I'm never going to be able to pull that one off lol)

      Delete
  8. That summer cocktail lookes delicious and I adore the polka dot nail polish.
    Thanks for visiting my blog, following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think on the 4th of July I should have a special drink of the night...perhaps it will be this one :) Thanks for the support!

      Delete
  9. Love the hair. Found you on the mingle. Now following via google friend, fb, twitter and pinterest. Would love follows back www.cumminslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just stopped by your blog and facebook page! You have a beautiful family!!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for stopping by! I'm on my way to check out yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm following back. I love that beach hair style. My hair is much too short though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is too after getting a ridiculous haircut! I'm in the process of growing it out and I can't wait!!

      Delete
  12. Hi! Found you via GFC blog hop! I love this bathing suit and the manicure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a fun day at the beach. Thanks for the follow! I'm following you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this blog entry!!! My daughter actually has polkadots on her toenails right now lol! I love those lace pants, too! Thanks for the visit and follow, I'm following you now! I replied on your comment regarding the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is one thing about not having a girl I sort of miss (I have 2 boys) is being able to paint her nail and that sort of girly stuff. Oh well, being brave with Batman is fun too :) Great, I will go see what you said about movie!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds insanely luxurious. Love your blog, Jenny . I'm following you via GFC. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Have a great weekend. :)
    -Laura
    www.strollerparkingonly.com

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read all of your comments and I appreciate everyone of you for taking your time to read my blog and respond to me :) Thanks!!