Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Patience is Lacking. I Want Results!

It has been 12 days since I started running and the number on the scale has stayed the same. Ugh! I even tried moving the scale to a different part of the floor to see if it changed. It did not.


 This is so maddening! How could this be?? I thought my stomach felt a little flatter! I even stopped drinking my nightly 3 Smirnoff Ice as I found out those bad boys pack 260 calories a piece. Yikes! (Josh bought me the Party Pack on Sunday. He said, what's the big deal, I'm running now so I can drink it. I have had two and I swear as I gulp it down I feel my ass growing!) I stopped eating the left over food from my children's plates and I have been trying to cut down on my portions. Still the fat is sticking!

I'm frustrated that not even a pound has been lost. In the past if I incorporated running into my life, I saw results right away..this time not so much! Blah..I must run more! I haven't even been able to run everyday because it rained here for almost a week straight. The most I have run is 1 3/4 miles, which was today..  I have very limited on time to run, so my time out hasn't been as long as I have wanted so I will work on trying to figure it into a bigger time slot next week.
Admittedly even before I was writing this blog, my arm was elbow deep in a bag of Tostitos, so there are more areas to improve. I also might have to incorporate sit ups and push ups, lunges and squats into my routine, but I will give running more of a chance to make an impact. I mean, it has to right?!?
On the bright side, I do feel good after running and really feel like I accomplished something for just me, so that is something positive to occur after these 12 days. I also continue to  look forward to the next day for when I can do it again.
Deep down I know what I'm doing is right and is good for me and I will ultimately see results. I just expected more than what I got and was I was disappointed as I anxiously brought out the scale.  So for now, I will keep on running because it is making me happy and I will make sure I don't try on my "skinny" clothes too soon so as not to lose my patience even more!

17 comments:

  1. Jenny,
    I (Cave Princess/Krista Morgan) have some thoughts... Try:
    (1) Eating a protein source with every meal. It can be animal protein (meat, cheese, eggs); plant based protein (hemp, chia seeds, quinoa); or protein powders (whey protein, brown rice protein, egg white protein).
    (2) Definitely incorporate the crunches, lunges, etc. You want to build some muscle. The more muscle you have the more efficiently you burn calories. It helps with the metabolism!
    (3) Don't stop! What you're doing is GOOD for you! Be patient. Results will come, but running alone will not solve the battle of the bulge (believe me I've been there). The key is your diet. I don't mean go on a diet! Millions can tell you that never works. Make good choices as often as possible and you will see change :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krista! I know you are absolutely right, and it is probably the same exact advice I would give someone else too, but it's funny how you can take care of others, but when it comes to yourself, you don't do it :) Thanks for reminding me though. I needed that extra boost today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so sorry your frustrated! It is annoying! Keep going I am sure you will see results soon. Following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny! Thanks, I know I will see results, besides, I just used all the will power I had not to devour the nachos my husband was snacking on beside me! It's all good! Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following you back, I love your blog! Hang in there cuz the results will show...plus we'll keep getting great stories like these as you go on :)(not that you being frustrated is good, you know what I mean)
    Girlfriends Are Like Shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me! I know, I know, the frustration makes for good stories :)

      Delete
  6. I hear your frustration! All the advice is good - protein, muscle resistance - but also remember that 12 days is not enough, nor should the numbers be the measurement. Because as you've been running you've been losing fat, but gaining muscle so maybe no numbers loss but an exchange of the type of weight. Stay committed and positive!

    And thanks for stopping by ModaMama!

    Sincerely,
    JOanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sure is tough when you hit a wall! Best thing to do is cut out the weekly treat. I know, it's not easy, but it will get you over the top!

    Good Luck:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks..I know I need to cut that weekly treat...ugh, I am regretting lasts nights nachos all ready..hahaha..all good, I will just step up my game today :)

      Delete
  8. Keep at it lady! You will need to change your diet to see quicker results, but as was already said, the scale is not the end all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are totally right!!! Now that I have made my workout commitment, I need to make the diet commitment. So hard sometimes when my husband can eat like 5 teenage boys and lose a pound and not give in to temptation :)

      Delete
  9. It's is so frustrating not to see immediate results! I chuckled because I too move the scale around to see if it changes anything, haha. Glad to know I'm not the only one who does it.

    New follower from GFC blog hop, hope you'll visit my blog and follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha...I try all ways to see if I've dropped a pound, move the scale, shake it, remove article of clothing etc. Thanks for following! I'm off to follow you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad I ran across your blog! Love this post. I can totally appreciate your frustration. I just took up running last year and found it to be a cost and time efficient way of getting into shape. In January I stopped running to do the P90X (don't even get me started about that!) After 6 months of NOT running, I totally lost my aerobic fitness. I can't believe how hard it was. That being said, I refuse to give in and drown my sorrows in a bag of sour cream and onion chips (my weakness!) Hang in there! You WILL see results. :)

    I'm visiting you from the Monday Mingle and I'm now following you via email, FB, and Twitter. If you get the chance, come visit us and check out our Summer Reading Weekly Book Giveaways. Have a wonderful week! Cheers, Renee

    http://motherdaughterbookreviews.com/summer-reading-weekly-book-giveaways-week-1/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renee! Thanks for following me!! I am now a Beach Body coach!! Are you still doing the P90X? Are you back to running? I have decided not to get too frustrated at this point. Now if nothing changes by the end of the summer than I'm going to get really pissed...hahaha!

      Delete
  12. If you are doing it the right way it takes time. You will need to set aside time to workout and be consistent. Also inches matter way more than weight! Diet is 80% of your transformation and making sure you are eating clean and enough food makes a huge difference! Running will help you loose weight but adding resistant training has huge benefits too! I know time is a factor for you. If you check out my blog under workouts I have some home workouts that I created that won't take you any longer than 25 min to do. Just don't give up! I promise you will meet your goals if you stay dedicated. BTW loving your blog too! I look forward to reading more and becoming new blog friends!

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read all of your comments and I appreciate everyone of you for taking your time to read my blog and respond to me :) Thanks!!