Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Make-up Junkie


My typical daily make-up routine

One of my most fondest memories of being a little girl was sitting on the toilet watching my mom as she applied her make-up as she would get ready to go out for the evening. I loved the entire process from her hair being in curlers to her pretty face being enhanced by all the mascara, foundation, eye shadow, and lipstick.  It just all seemed so grown-up and glamorous.
  In high school I though I'd die if anyone saw me without eyeliner and mascara on. Remember those questions about if you were stranded on an island and could only have one thing what would it be? My answer was always mascara!
 Then in college, I started to experiment with foundation, eye shadow, lip gloss, etc. I will have to admit though that I still didn't really know what I was doing, but got some help from some friends who did and some from some advice from the make-up artists at Sephora.
 We move on to today. I'm a sucker for any make-up that comes in a pretty package or that has good advertising. I like to use a combination of low and high-ish end products.  I have yet to master the cat-eye or to find the most perfect foundation, but I'm getting closer and love the process along the way. I just think make-up is so fun and is such an easy way to change your look!

4 comments:

  1. my mom didn't wear make-up which is why i didn't start wearing it until much later in life. experimenting is fun...and i haven't mastered the cat eye either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom was the only one out of my friends moms that wore makeup and got her hair done. Even my gram had to put her "face" on before she went out.
    Someday I will master the cat-eye. On that day there will be no sad movies,no exercising, and it better not rain. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh you're a girl after my own heart! I love love love makeup. I think my inner self is secretly a makeup artist. Ha! I completely love the story behind the name Cassandra! So funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes there is nothing like a new mascara to just perk up your confidence right?! Haha...did you know that you had such a "sexy" name?? lol

      Delete

I really love to read all of your comments and I appreciate everyone of you for taking your time to read my blog and respond to me :) Thanks!!