Friday, September 14, 2012

Fire It Up, Turbo Fire Style!


 For about the past 28 days, I have been doing the TurboFire work out program as part of my new goal to get toned up and fit into all of my pre-Drew clothes. I can't wait to tell you how impressed I am with the results so far, but first, let me fill you in about TurboFire.
So, what is TurboFire?
TurboFire is a 90-day weight-loss and body slimming program. 
TurboFire is a total-body conditioning program designed to give you 
the best experience and the fastest results—lean legs, sculpted arms, 
and flat abs. This program is packed with kickboxing drills, aerobic 
exercises, and dance moves perfectly choreographed to the hottest 
music to help motivate you to have the best workout possible. It’s the 
maximum fat-burning cardio revolution that puts you front and center 
at the head of the class for the best results. Your instructor is the highly 
sought-after, award-winning fitness expert Chalene Johnson, creator of 
other successful programs like Turbo Jam and ChaLEAN Extreme


So, pretty much it is a series of 10 different cds that includes 14 different workout programs, that range in time from 15-55 minutes. The program comes with a calendar that tells you which exercise cd to do on what day. If you follow the calendar exactly, then you work out 6 days a week and it also comes with a couple different workout bands used for abs, sculpting, and toning.
At first, I couldn't believe how uncoordinated I was and I felt a little foolish and discouraged. The program comes with starter and breakdown videos that you can watch to help you learn the moves, but I didn't want any part of that. I was deteremined that I could figure it out by myself!.  By the end of the first week, I was able to keep up with the routines no problem. I probably didn't look pretty doing it, but I was getting it done and able to change from one series to the next without tripping all over myself with arms and legs flailing about.
  There has only been maybe 2 or 3 times where I have had to miss a workout, but I just doubled up the next day to keep on track. Those days were not so fun :) It's funny how guilty I felt though missing the workout, like I had really let myself down for not making it a priority to make time for myself.  Plus another thing, that I have been really shocked about, is how much fun I am having working out!Don't get me wrong, I do have my moments that I struggle getting motivated to start, as I typically work out at 5:00 in the morning before the boys wake up and I have to get ready for work. Getting my butt out of bed and start intense cardio can be a total pain in the ass, but I know I will regret it later if I don't get it done. Plus once I actually get started it really isn't a big deal and I feel so accomplished when it's over with. So, best bet for me, is to just suck it up and Just Do It!
I haven't totally changed my diet. I am drinking Shakeology every morning for breakfast, which is also supposed to help with increasing your metabolism, energy, etc.




 Well, actually, truth be told,  I guess I have been eating a little better and a little less, because if you are working out as hard as I am, who wants to plow a bunch of chips and soda and candy to them?  However, at Jacoby's birthday party, you better believe I tried a piece of the cake and I still partake in the Bardsley Pizza Night every Friday night! 

Anyways, lets get down to the RESULTS! I have been hovering around 118 lbs and have wanting to get to 110 lbs. Any other time I have worked out and the scale has stayed the same or has gone up, I've been ready to smash the scale out the window, but not this time!! I am still around 118 lbs, but my clothes are fitting better, my love handles are decreasing, lower belly pooch is getting smaller,  my thighs are getting smaller...and wait for it.........I have found a muscle!

Now, please try to refrain from laughing, as I know it is not the mightiest thing you have ever seen, but it is in fact a muscle and a muscle that was not at all there 28 days ago! Plus it is in my left arm which has always been my weaker side! So Taddaaa!!
I have one more pair of pants that I really am waiting to fit into. I can get them on and button them, but they are tight on my legs. No way could I wear them out in public..yet! There is no doubt that when I am done with this program that they will fit, how can they not? I'm all ready thinking about what I'm going to do once TurboFire is over. I just don't want this to end. For once, I'm really starting to feel healthy, strong, and I feel good about taking care of myself!

***If you are looking to tone up, lose weight, have more energy, than I highly recommend TurboFire! My co-worker, Joline, has also been doing it with me, (which also helps keep me motivated) and she said she is also noticing a difference all ready in how here clothes fit! I have explained how I have become a Beach Body Coach in a previous post, which means you can order TurboFire directly from my website at www.beachbodycoach.com/coachjennyb. We can help each other stay motivated and work together to reach our fitness goals! I promise you won't regret it! I mean, seriously, take a look at that muscle again! Haha!

***Also let me know if you have any questions about Shakeology! It is awesome!!


9 comments:

  1. Great job girl! I have just gotten back into a workout routine myself. Its those stubborn 8 pounds that get me too. I see that muscle and I am thinking I may need to try TurboFire! Winter is coming and I wont be able to do my outdoor walking. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, last winter some weight really snuck up on me and I didn't even really realize it until I went to put on my summer clothes and I was like..yuck, this is not good! I have to do something about it! I don't want to happen this winter at all so once TurboFire is over I will either do the routine over again, or I will try a new program..maybe even venture to Insanity! Let me know if you want to try TurboFire. I'm a beach body coach and you can order it from me @ www.beachbodycoach.com/coachjennyb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay good for you!! I think I'm similar to you regarding working out. This video looks really hard though! I need to work on my belly :P

    Thanks for sharing with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party :)
    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job!! A muscle is a muscle, so good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound so enthusiastic that it's contagious. Congrats on your victories and that muscle. It looks great...very fit and healthy too! :) I like that you mentioned the importance of being fit over just getting to a weight number too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all the compliments! It is hard not to get obsessed over the scale number but this time its just different because I feel good and I know I'm doing it the right way this time..exercise, eating, etc. I never thought I would be turning into such a health nut, but my son likes it too and that makes such a big difference to be a role model for him and my other son!

      Delete
  6. Thats awsome. You are so insperational! My husband got my tap out and Im on my first week. Hopefuly I can keep it up!

    XO,
    Zhanna
    www.lifeandbows.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?? That is so great! Keep me posted on how you are doing! woohoo!!

      Delete
  7. Muscle takes up less space but weighs more than fat so focusing on how your clothes fit, muscle gained and overall body tone keeps you positive and wanting to continue. Enjoyed your post. Keep at it as I look forward to seeing the final results.
    Thank you for linking up to Empower Tuesday Blog Hop, hope to see you there again.

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read all of your comments and I appreciate everyone of you for taking your time to read my blog and respond to me :) Thanks!!