Wednesday, September 5, 2012

4 Years of Love!


It was around this time 4 years ago that I was sitting on my bathroom floor painting my toe nails (nesting had been in full force around that time) and I thought I had felt a twinge in my stomach. A contraction I thought, nooo...didn't really hurt. Then another one came and then another one. So I went out to the living room to tell Josh and told him maybe I should give the doctor a call. So, I did and was told to watch how frequently they were occurring and if it took my breath away then I should probably go to the hospital. Well, the contractions were around 10 minutes apart and I could certainly breath fine, so we decided to go to bed. As I lay in bed, the contractions started to come faster and faster. Josh and I made the decision to go up to the hospital a little before midnight and expected to be sent home.  We went through the usual routine with being hooked up to the monitors and I was shocked when the nurse told us we were staying. The contractions were coming quick enough and were strong enough that we needed to be admitted. I tried to get some sleep but the contractions were not allowing for that to happen. Later in the morning I  got a nice cocktail of an epidural and was able to sleep. I woke up from a nap and said to the nurse, "how do you know when I'm ready?" She said, well, why don't I just take a look, she lifted up the blanket and so said, "Oh, shit." Me: "What do you mean???" Nurse: "That baby is coming now, I will get the doctor and let him know you are ready."  Ha! Frigging amazing. Things at that point moved very quickly. Doctor came in, my bed got broke down and was instructed to push and  and with under 10 minutes of painless pushing (other mom's don't hate me for this :) I take to epidurals very nicely)  my sweet little Jacoby Thomas was born after 2:00 in the afternoon on September 6, 2008.

It is so hard to believe that 4 years have gone by. Jacoby is one of the most amazing people I have ever met. His unbelievable memory, his sense of humor and his sensitive side blow me away every day. I now understand when people use the term, an old soul. It is Jacoby. I couldn't be more proud of Jacoby the way he is with Drew. He has a lot of patience, understanding, and love for his little beast of a baby brother.  From the first time I laid my eyes on Jacoby, his little face has melted my heart.
Here is a glimpse of Jacoby and his past birthdays:
This is a video (taken not with a video camera but put together by individual frames from his super fast digital camera) that my brother Izik put together of his first birthday that has always been one of my favorites: 




Jacoby's Second Birthday:



So close to his cousin Kara who is 6 months older

Me and Jacoby with Drew in my belly!



Jacoby's First 4wheeler!
It didn't take him long to get used to it..haha

                                                                       Jacoby's 3rd Birthday!
I think his face explains it all!
So happy!
Jacoby and Drew..the best brothers!


These are some of the best memories and I'm so excited for more to come!












17 comments:

  1. happy birthday, Jacoby!! Hope you have an awesome day!!

    Such a wonderful post...loved the video too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The day went great and it didn't rain and Jacoby was polite, grateful and full of smiles = success!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday! He looks like such an awesome little man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday little man! I love reading birth stories. new here from the mommy mixer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and happy bday! (Visiting from the mixer) - http://www.mommysbundle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I had to dance to the music on the video, lol. This is great, happy belated birthday to your sweetie!

    www.mail4rosey.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for sharing your best memories!! love to see them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is adorable!
    I am due to give birth to my third any day now, and don't worry I don't hate you for having an easy labor! You lucky woman you :) It is nice to read stories of easy births.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Wow, how exciting for you!! I hope your delivery goes well and for a healthy baby!

      Delete
  8. Such a sweet post, and what a cute little guy! I Just posted about Olivia Palermo, and tomorrow is MENSWEAR WEDNESDAY, my fav weekly post. :) Follow if you like what ya see!

    Jenn

    http://apopofstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, happy birthday to the little man. :)

    I'm so glad that you wrote about your birth experience being painless and quick, as mine was as well, and I get SUCH dirty looks when I say so! ;) I can't wait until my new baba is born so that Dexter has a little brother or sister to play with. I hope they can be as good together as yours are. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You are going to have a blast watching Dexter play with his younger sibling! It is so much fun...they can be so hilarious, and loving and it melts your heart!

      Delete
  10. I'm in awe that you were painting your toes up until your due date! I quite 4 months in I think, and I didn't gain more than 15 pounds the entire time haha

    p.s your catchpa is picking on me, it's taking me like 5 tries to comment lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Being pregnant didn't change much of my lifestyle. I think I gained about 30lbs and I haven't had unpainted toes since I was like 10..delivering a baby wasn't going to stop me from having them done..lol!
      BTW, I didn't know I had catchpa on my blog...ahh...hate that..going to try to figure out how to change that!

      Delete
  11. such a sweet story. I think you are right- our love just grows and it just gets better and better. This post makes me excited to have kids some day! I just found your blog and I have enjoyed getting to know you better... I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bonnie! Thanks so much for stopping by! It's funny when I was in college, I never thought I wanted kids. Then I met my husband and we got married and started talking about starting a family. I guess timing and maturity was just right for me and baby fever set in in high force. I never imagined it was going to be this great though! You will love being a mom!

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read all of your comments and I appreciate everyone of you for taking your time to read my blog and respond to me :) Thanks!!