Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Out Comes A Sneeze, Out Comes A Baby

"Aaaachoo!" That is about the extent of the effort that I had in delivering Drew just two years ago, November 9, 2010. The ease I had in delivery has been joked that I sneezed in the hospital room and out came Drew. I swear, it really seemed that easy..for the most part anyways.
About 2-3 weeks prior to Drew's due date I was having my weekly check ups and the doctor was concerned that Drew wasn't growing anymore. So, at 39 weeks, my OB/GYN said you know, what the heck, you have a two year old at home, we have concerns that Drew isn't growing, why don't we just induce you. I thought that sounded like a great idea. That way, I could have everything planned with getting my mom to take care of Jacoby while I was at the hospital to getting ready to meet his baby brother. 
So, on a Tuesday, we went through the entire drill at the hospital, the monitors, what ever drugs they use to induce etc. All was going good. I knew from having Jacoby that the Epidural cocktail was my friend. So the anesthesiologist came in gave me my dose of wonderful and that's when things went a little off course. All of a sudden I got super hot, nauseous, and for about 1 minute which felt more like 10, I was fighting to keep myself from feeling like I wanted to close my eyes and go to sleep forever. The only thing that gave me the strength was that I didn't want Josh to worry about me, but my by this time Josh  could all ready tell that something wasn't right with me and he called for the nurse. Luckily the anesthesiologist was still in the room, shot something into my IV and instantly I was back to normal. It was one of the weirdest sensations I have ever felt! 
A little while later the doctor checked the monitor and the fetal heartbeart was lower than she liked. So she flipped me over on my side as a technique to get that back up. Well, what ever happened there, jarred something loose, because I tell you, Drew decided to come at that moment with me laying on my side! Have you ever heard of such a thing??? So about 2-3 pushes later, (Josh just commented 1 1/2 pushes..lol) Drew Izik arrived. He was so little at 6 lb 4 oz and 21 inches long, but he was 100% perfect. I was so lucky to have another healthy baby boy!


Drew has been the perfect little addition to make our family complete.







This past Friday we celebrated his second birthday and it is so exciting to watch him transition from being a baby to a toddler. He is such a happy little boy, full of mischievous and giggles. He pushes his independence as far as any little toddler can. He has no fear of anything. He climbs, he jumps, he runs, he falls, gets back up and charges on again. Drew's imagination is hilarious as he pretends to order us Olive pizza, have pretend phone conversations and sends us, including his toys, to time out for hitting and pinching him. I have NO IDEA where he comes up with stuff but he thinks he is a riot and THE BOSS. He loves being scared, hiding behind corners to come out and and for us to chase him. He is just plain funny. 
The things Drew loves right now: Mickey Mouse, Bubble Guppies, drawing with markers and crayons, play-doh, washing his hands in the sink,  my cell phone (he has mastered the navigation on my smart phone to games and videos of himself), taking showers,  he loves the beach, going to the playground, playing in the sand, blowing bubbles firetrucks, his new vacuum cleaner, his books with trucks and tractors, and anything to keep up with Jacoby.
His eyes have always looked right through your soul


First birthday!


So handsome after his haircut!





Drew loves to color!

So silly!



2nd Birthday!

Drew continues to amaze me every day. I was so worried in the beginning that Drew was going to be pushed around by his older brother and cousins, but that worry is long gone. This kid can hold his own for sure. There is nothing that can stop him and what a wonderful quality to have!


16 comments:

  1. I love this post and story. He reminds me of my middle boy....always doing what was needed to keep up with his big brother and still manage to find his own identity. He's adorable Jenny. = )

    Irish
    Dedicated2Life.com
    "Promoting Passionate People"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irish! Yes, he sure works hard to keep up and he is doing a pretty good job, determined little bugger :)

      Delete
  2. Nice post! He is really adorable! Happy belated birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back to let you know that you've been nominated for the Liebster Award! Congratulations! Stop by at http://thegreekhousewife.blogspot.gr/2012/11/another-liebster-award.html to see what you need to do!

      Delete
  3. UGh that grow so fast right? He is adorable and Happy Birthday to Drew :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really can't believe he is 2 all ready and such a little dude!

      Delete
  4. Amazing birth story! Both your boys are so adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing story and I love your family pictures. You have a beautiful family!
    XO,
    Zhanna
    www.lifeandbows.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was also lucky to have fast deliveries as well particularly with my third. He was two the end of July and sounds A LOT like your little one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous! There can be so many horror stories from other women..it's not always bad and not everyone is in labor for 18 hours! Glad it was quick for you too!

      Delete
  7. You have such a beautiful family. I'm a Red Sox fan so I'm pretty partial to the name Jacoby, LOL. It's funny, both my boys were induced. One took forever and the second, like yours, fell right out! Happy birthday to your beautiful little boy.

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read all of your comments and I appreciate everyone of you for taking your time to read my blog and respond to me :) Thanks!!